Monday, September 12, 2011

Life marches on...

Lil Monkey has been handling herself well... to our surprise, she slept through the night on Friday, giving us a chance to sleep in. She was in pain and fussy when she woke so I gave her more Motrin. It was super hot so we headed down to one of Portland's splash parks. We brought her little car, some cups for water and sidewalk chalk. Around 4pm we headed to Belmont St Faire, and enjoyed walking around and "window" shopping. I think I may have found an artist to make her a tutu I want for a birthday present. I also found some really beautiful kids clothes, but the creator was out of cards and I am struggling to remember the website address she gave me.... if I remember I will post. It was still really hot when we headed home, so I stripped her down for the care ride and she giggled and chatted in the breeze coming through the windows.



Again she slept through the night! Now, I am feeling really lucky, of course its probably all the Motrin, lol. We got up around 9 and after breakfast we loaded up the dogs and gear and headed to the Sandy river. It was a bit crowded for our liking but we found a decent spot that had some shade and a small cove of rocks blocking off a shallow spot of water from the main current. The dogs chased the ball in and out of the water for hours. We dug in the sand, splashed happily and I even floated down stream a few times. After a nice snack we started to clean up. Ren didn't want to put clothes on after she went pee near a bush so I just loaded her up in the baby wrap and hiked up the hill. When I got to the top I was shocked to find someone had blocked our car in. Grrrh! People can be so annoying. Gypsy made it up and we debated about who was going to hike back down when a guy came up and saw our predicament. He offered to announce the offending vehicle when he went back down. We thanked him and waited, hoping it wouldn't be too long because it was still scorching outside. Ren happily played in the back seat, unaware of the inconvenience.


After a nice dinner, she unraveled a bit and it took quite some time to get her to bed. But again she slept through the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment